West Texas Regional Poison Center
POISON- Anything that can make you sick/hurt you if you eat, drink, touch, or smell it.
- Poisons are not just pesticides, arsenic or other heavy metals or products with the skull and cross-bones on the container.
- Poisons are more often regular everyday products that are used in the wrong way or in the wrong amounts.
- Poisons can be solids like tablets, plants, and cosmetics; they can be liquids like children’s medications, household cleaners and gasoline; or they can be gases like carbon monoxide and hydrogen sulfide.
West Texas Regional Poison Center (WTRPC) – Is located in El Paso, Texas and is primarily responsible for the 36 counties of West Texas while supporting the rest of the state with professional emergency assistance available in both English and Spanish, 24-hours a day, 365 days a year and:
- Is America’s First 24-Hour bilingual and bicultural Regional Poison Control Center certified by the American Association of Poison Control Centers
- Is staffed by specially trained nurses, pharmacists and physicians
- Offers free and confidential poison treatment recommendations and poison prevention advice via our toll-free 24-hour hot line, saving you time and money
Affordable Healthcare Begins with Poison Centers - 1-800-222-1222